Monday, March 8, 2010

Getting A Trophy I will Never Win In My Entire Life!

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda


This was the picture taken during the awarding ceremony of the Tour of Luzon 2010 where Kelly Benefit Strategies USA of my friend Reid was declared as the Overall Team Champion. I was really wishing for this win and knew it was coming! But what I didn't expect is to be the holder and keeper of this trophy!

My parents, my oldest brother Mike and I went to the airport to see off my friend Reid and the rest of the Kelly Benefit Strategies Pro Cycling contingent. We prepared a little souvenir for each one of them - a traditional bag with a box of dried mangoes. I was surprised when they handed me the trophy. I felt really underserving of the trophy (which I could never win in my entire life coz I am scared of riding bicycles!)so I hesitated (with matching teary eyes!) into accepting it. But the KBS riders were decided to leave the trophy to me so I accepted it wholeheartedly and felt really honored. The trophy is in a prominent place in our living room, in the center, and we see it every day. It is a reminder not only of the lovely and fun cycling races my family watched for the whole week but of Reid's and KBS great performance, dedication, talent and perseverance!

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney