Friday, January 1, 2010

2009: What a Year Has Been...

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda

As I bid farewell to 2009 and 2010 rolls in, I can only be thankful for the year that has been - a year filled with fantastic travels, exciting opportunities, strengthened family relationships, healthy lifestyles and wonderful memories! Of course, there are a few kinks and bumps and a close call toward the end of the year, but overall 2009 has been a good year for me!

Fantastic Travel. 2009 is a very good period for me in terms of relaxation and enjoying what I love to do - traveling for pleasures. Starting in February with a whole month trip to the five states of US - San Francisco, Boston, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania (three of them being my first time to be in), to a mid-year trip to Australia to complete my goal of traveling the globe and wrapping up the year with a birthday trip in October with friends to Singapore and Malaysia, are all that it takes to call this year as the year for fantastic travels!

Exciting Opportunities. The results of my hard work seems to have paid off clearly in 2009. Stepping out of employment and starting my own Law Firm in June brought forth good and desired results - more relaxed environment while maintaining a fairly good income. As a managing partner I have opportunities to work from home, channeling my time to activities I love to do, having time with those I like to be with and improving my craft by continuing to learn new things. The year also shown itself to getting much help from people in responsible, influential positions and superiors - my bosses from the Office of General Counsel (OGC) - Asia, Michael Jensen and David Berrett to name a few, have been generous in sharing their craft and expertise which largely contributed to my professional improvement. I enjoyed the visits and personal interaction with my former boss from OGC-Asia Jim Pollock and his wife Bonnie in January and May as well as the visit of friends from Guam couple Perin and Tisa Collier also in January.

Strengthened Family, Social and Civic Relationships. A happy time with the family and pleasant functions with friends and professional circles is what 2009 is all about. My brother Allan and Belenda's family was sealed in June, a family reunion in April held at Edsa Shangrila (one of the most expensive and prestigious hotel) made possible by a winning gift certificates for a buffet dinner for 8 adults, a photo shoot for my parents 39th anniversary and a regular family home evening and fun times together has strengthened our family relationships and maintained peace, happiness and tranquility at home.

There were also happy occasions I organized or participated in which relates to my profession. I attended three important events of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society - General Conference in Harvard, Boston in February, Asia Pacific Conference in Hobart, Tasmania in July and First Year Anniversary of the Philippines Chapter in August have truly enlarged my professional circles.

I have also received invitations to auspicious functions of friends - being a host for the Ring Ceremony of my friend May and Eric Rogers in April, as one of the bridesmaids for a temple wedding of my friend Corinne and Junjun in May, and as a principal sponsor for the temple wedding of AC and Otep in December.
This year also I have experienced happy long tours to places of interest in the Philippines as a host for couch surfers from Paris (Nabil Mekouar) and Singapore (Maygalai) which allowed me to visit my birth place (Talisay, Camarines Norte) and reconnected and renewed friendships with my close friends whom I have not seen for a long time - Shirley Suanes Mangrobang (15 years ago) and Jean Palapala (5 years). I also met new friends and enjoyed travel with them with a few kinks in this section

Wonderful Memories. Being with my prince for three weeks in the US (Boston, New York New Jersey and Pennsylvania) is the most wonderful thing that happened to me in 2009. We celebrated Valentines together and I am thrilled. July of this year also marked our two - year anniversary as a couple.

Healthy Lifestyles.This year is a good period in relation to my health. With good diet, exercise and good food supplements brought about by USANA, I was out in the hospital for the whole year and hope that it will continue to be in the coming year. Of course I have some chest pains and at least two minor car accidents, but I am in the pink of health.

_________________________
I have added cool emoticons to this message.
To see them go to http://x.exps.me?d6ae17f3fbc5214fa76d0e7fc089105e

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney