Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween: Village Trick or Treat!

By: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



My trip to Taal yesterday was canceled because of the bad weather caused by typhoon Santi or typhoon Tino (just so many I couldn't track). Anyway, it was good that I was home for our village's Halloween's Trick-or-Treating for kids.


Mitch is the wicked witch, Ian is Mr. Dracula, James is the Skeleton Man, Jay - M is Batman, Jay-A is Flash (no other costume), Frannie is Zorro, Kyle is White Lady, and Shanara is Impakta. Shane actually is the girl in "The Ring".

Each house is considered a Candy Station so I put one by decorating our little black tree with pumpkin baskets full of candies, halloween balloons and blackened the window using the trash bag. For the candies to be given out, I put them in the "mummies" candy holders I made by decorating the biscuit jars with tissue paper and black colored paper for the eyes.


James and Frannie performing the "Triller" dance

Then I helped all my nieces and nephews decide and prepare their costumes. I also told them that one of the fun "tricks" they can offer for their candy is to dance to the "Thriller" chorus so they can perform it at the door.



The village kids really had fun with the "treats" (tons of candies) and the "trick" (during the program). It is a great way to add some thrill to Halloween night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney