Friday, November 20, 2009

Love and Lighthouse

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



(taken from a Lighthouse in Launcheston,Tasmania, Australia)

I am listening to LDS Radio playing Michael Webb's song "Like A Lighthouse". Someone who rescued him was compared to a light house built on solid stone shedding light to weary seamen who drifted far from home. The song is so true and definitely brought back memories of lighthouses I've seen and the poem comparing love to a lighthouse.

Love is like a lighthouse
When the seas of our life get too rough,
Do not worry,
Love will lead us back to dry land


Couldn't be fitting enough now that I have in some way cordially kissed-and-made up with my prince after my unwillingness and unreasonable keeping-to-myself tendency attack during the last few days.Blame it again on PMS! But because of the love we have for each other, I always expect that we can have a happy ending at the end of the PMS blues!! So grateful for my prince!

I am interested in Lighthouses, although I don't really have visited a lot or taken pictures of them unlike those who made visiting and photographing lighthouses as their hobby. But the lighthouse for me exudes a feeling of safety and beacons light, truth and the male influence.

Recently, I visited the Spanish lighthouse in Corregidor.



1950 (station established 1835). Active; focal plane 193 m (633 ft); three white flashes every 20 s. 14.5 m (48 ft) octagonal cylindrical stone tower with lantern and double gallery, rising from the center of 1-story stone keeper's house. Windows on the four sides of the tower are arranged in the shape of crosses, and light shines through them at night. Buildings painted white.

5 comments:

  1. The verse of the poem is meaningful. What I also understand about lighthouses is that if you see one, the surrounding waters are shallow.

    Marms

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tekbuz.com [url=http://www.tekbuz.com]Online Videos[/url] I Like You

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone I am Nicole and Im 61 years and new to this website.

    I only have one hobby and its books. Because of this my grandson gave me a kindle from amazon. This thingy has made reading books far simpler as I dont have to carry heavy books for example one of my favourites "The Hunger Games".

    Whenever I complete a book I now go to [url=http://www.1kindlebook.com/Ebooks_Kindle-eBooks.html]www.1kindlebook.com[/url] to get one more. The most excellent thing is I can easily re-read the books. Its like my personal little library.

    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Online Booking is a easiest and simple way to select Delhi flights. People who are able to travel to this amazing remarkable city will also be taken aback by the vast variety of tourist treats that awaits them.Those exactly who want to pay off less on flights than they create. Though it is true researching your options to travel by air, you might make sure that will you do a couple of task in enhance mode as the last minutes might be always expensive.[url=http://www.vflights.co.uk/cheap-flights-orlando] click here [/url]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turn your mobile phone into an extraordinary gadget
    with LED Black - Berry apps. For the LED light, there are mainly 3 kinds
    of white colors - warm white, natural white and cool white.
    Just as a powerful river conists of small drops moving in the same direction,
    society can help itself along through offering these grants and incentives
    to people complacent with the familiar, inefficient incandescent
    bub.

    Here is my web site :: Stehleuchten

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney