Friday, October 30, 2009

Winter Adventure Memories Recalled

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



My prince just informed me that it is the end of the US Daylight Saving Time (DST) and to me that means he will be 13 hours behind (or it would be 8am for him in NY when it is already 9pm for me here in the Philippines) and that is somewhat a difficult mathematical computation for me I guess ( just because I am a lawyer, haha!!). Turning off of the DST also means the official onset and the kickoff time for that exciting, coolest winter adventure.



I still remember my very first taste of winter in Salt Lake City, Utah in 2000. Whooa! It was cold but I had a great time playing in the snow in the front yard. The wonderfully thick snow and beautiful mountain scenery lends itself to a truly real winter excitement.



Over the years, I counted up those opportunities I have to experience winter all around the globe - US, Asia, Australia and Europe. Though the temperature lingers around freezing (especially for a tropical blooded creature like me), I looked back with passion the wondrous marvel and exhilarating experience of winter months.


Winter in Park City, Utah USA



Winter in New York, USA


Winter in Boston,USA



Winter in Pennsylvania, USA


Winter in Beijing's Summer Place



Winter in Tasmania, Australia (it is in July though)


Winter in Ackersjon, Sweden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney