Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Skyride of My Life: A Sentosa, Singapore Experience

by: Mhe-anne L. Ojeda



What a better way to celebrate my birthday than trying something for the first time at Singapore's must-visit destination for tourists, the premier island resort getaway known as Sentosa.



Sentosa is a 500-hectare island with a 3.2-kilometre stretch of white sand beach and a unique blend of leisure and recreational facilities. The island can be accessed by cable car, bus, taxi or car and open for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.



Sentosa offers a variety of experiences for all ages. For me though, Luge ride (which is said to be the first ever luge in Southeast Asia), is the best activity there. It’s a small bike which is partly go-cart, partly-toboggan that you can drive down the hill as leisurely or exciting as you please. It is my kind of thing!



But since Luge ride ticket is in set with Sky ride ticket, I can only do the luge after doing the sky ride.



Skyride is very similar to cable car ride, except that you are sitting on an open – air bench and takes you more than 100 feet above the ground to drop at the starting point of Luge ride! Wow, that’s scary! My knees were shaking just at the thought of doing it! But with my friends encouragement (pushing, that is!!) and the assurance I got from a five-year old who took the skyride with only his older brother as a companion, I found myself to another journey to gutsiness – my first ever Skyride!


Getting ready for the Sky Ride


Up in the Sky. I wasn't moving or breathing!


Enjoying the Skyride!

It was an amazing experience! Not only I got a great view of the island but I also felt good about myself for overcoming fear and stretching my physical limit. I felt a great sense of freedom trying things for the heck of it!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tourist's place of sentosa island.
    It seems to me very greenery and vegetation around of you.
    I love to ride on the cable car but i don't find everywhere.
    This is also fantastic of sky ride.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for checking my blog. i checked yours and keeping it in my list of websites for cheap tickets.

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney