Monday, July 6, 2009

Launceston, Tasmania: Embarking on a Journey into the Wilderness



True to its label of being an incentive island, my trip to Launceston,Tasmania last July 5, 2009 was truly an incentive.It was not part of my itinerary and I have no idea where and what I can do in Launceston. But I was glad that my host couple - Matthew and Terry were picking up their son there and were gracious enough to bring me and another delegate of the JRCLS Asia Pacific Conference (Steven from Bangkok Thailand) around this beautiful, elegantly laid-back city in the north of Tasmania.



As Australia's third oldest city, Launceston is a place of contrasts, where modern marinas meet Victorian streetscapes and parks - and you're seldom without a view of the river and the surrounding valley. Launceston also is a mecca for bushwalkers and nature lovers. I feel like I am really in what the scriptures would call "wilderness".



the view of Launceston from the Low Head Lighthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney