Monday, June 15, 2009

My Journey To Gutsiness!



I am not a risk – taker in a general sense. I have lots of fear and I would rather stick to the things I know I am good at than make a fool of myself by trying something out of my comfort zone. My view has changed though after reading an article entitled “Got Guts?” by Leigh Anne Jasheway - Bryant in Family Circle Magazine issue of August 2005.

The author suggests 12 life-changing strategies if we really want to experience all that life has to offer. She then quoted Eleanor Roosevelt “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face”.

Here are the 12 tips/suggestions to find myself getting much more out of life. For the next few months I will try these tips and write about the experiences on my blog.

1. Paint the outside of your house an outrageous color.
2. Go somewhere by yourself.
3. Do something you’re lousy at.
4. Take a day off.
5. Plan your next vacation.
6. Take a social risk.
7. Reach out and touch someone.
8. Volunteer to do something you’ve never done before.
9. Take a physical risk.
10. Go back to School.
11. Make the First Move.
12. Join the Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney