Sunday, May 10, 2009

Tale of Four Mommys



There's a Jewish proverb that says 'God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers' and he blessed me, not with one but four! Yes, He gave me my own loving mother and my three sisters - in - law: Ate Amy, Bhe be and Imee who are mothers to me in some way. This Mother's Day, I paid tribute to my four mothers with the sweetest, enduring treats - a personalized mini chocolate cake with a message.



Mami Cristy

"For all you are, and all you do, I'll always love you!".

She is a loving mother, unselfish, unpretentious, and a great cook! I always look forward to our monthly get together and taste her delicious cooking.
"Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love."
~Mildred B. Vermont.



Ate Amy
"Wishing you simple joys and peaceful moments on Mother's Day and always"

She is a mother of four at age 27 and allows me to call her Ate eventhough she is almost 8 years younger than me! Well, she married my oldest brother Mike and following a Filipino tradition, I should call my oldest brother's wife as "Ate: (address to older sister). For 10 years now of being with the family circle, she has lived up to her being my ate since I don't have any sister. She has also shown me how to be a mother in the truest sense of the word. "Because I feel that in the heavens aboveThe angels, whispering one to another,Can find among their burning tears of love,None so devotional as that of"Mother,"Therefore, by that dear name I have long called you,You who are more than mother unto me.~Edgar Allan Poe



Bhebe
"It's your special day - so relax...enjoy...indulge...luxuriate...pamper yourself...eat this cake...Mother's Day has its privileges!

She is Allan's wife and a mother of four children as well. Since her family lives with me, she's the one who cooks for me, fixes my bed, clean my room, and does about everything! She is also my ever willing confidante and adviser!
This quote fits her well "

" A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."
~Tenneva Jordan.



Imee
"Hope your Mother's Day is simply delicious! Enjoy this cake"

She is the wife of my youngest brother Joel and a mother of two girls Kyle and Frannie. She is my masseuse lady who comes to give me my weekly whole body massage. Oh it feels soo good after!
"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney