Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Cebu: Trip to Romantic Memory Lane

Cebu City and May 5 is just a perfect combination for my trip to romantic memory lane. Yes, yesterday was actually the 22 months of flourishing wonderful relationship with my prince Mark and it was in Cebu where we first felt that thumping. So to reminisce one of the most important and romantic memories of my life, I went back to the two places that served as the witnesses to our love for each other: the Magellan's cross and Fort San Pedro.

Magellan's Cross.

This cross is housed in a small chapel on Magallanes street (Magallanes being Spanish for Magellan). The cross is a symbol of Cebu City and that of Roman Catholiscism. In June 2007, Mark and I went to see the Magellan's cross as a way of making use of our time in Cebu City and the hotel where we were staying suggested that we go there since it is a tourist attraction in the Philippines.


- My picture at the Magellan's cross taken by my prince Mark in June 2007.


- My picture at the Magellan's cross on May 5, 2009



Fort San Pedro

Just a stone's throw away from the Magellan's cross is a monument to Cebu's turbulent past, the Fort San Pedro. Fort San Pedro is the oldest and the smallest fort in the Philippines, and its name was taken from Legaspi's flagship "San Pedro" in which he sailed the Pacific Ocean in 1565. Right now the Fort (triangular in shape and made of stone and mortar) is a museum-park. My favorite part of the Fort is the tree where my prince took noticed of my beauty..haha.


-The tree inside the Fort San Pedro


-My picture outside of the Fort San Pedro taken on May 5, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney