Monday, April 13, 2009

Wedding Related Stuff To Do Before You Die

During the last few days, I received an invitation to a wedding. One came from my childhood friend at Church, May and she wanted me to be an emcee at their Ring Ceremony to be held at the Coconut Palace on April 25.
The other is an invitation from a person we have taught the gospel when I was serving as a missionary in Tayabas Quezon. Corin is marrying at the Manila Temple on May 2 and she wants me to be the bridesmaid.The invites I got confirm that a wedding is an auspicious event in everyone's life and surely there must be some wedding related tasks in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die".

Here's what I've marked as completed.




Catching a Bouquet

The bouquet is a small but important part of a bride's ensemble. At the wedding receptions, one of the most fun parts is catching the bouquet. The bride gathers all the single women attending the wedding. She then turns her back and tosses her bouquet into the air. Legend has it that the woman who catches the bouquet will be the next one to be married. Well, I should say, that it is just a legend. I have caught a bouquet a number of times in the past and I am still single until now. Well, I see myself as getting married but there are surely lots of friends who have been married before me, and the two invitations coming from May and Corinne are just two of the proofs hahha.

Singing at a Wedding

Music is a huge part of the wedding reception. During Ate Ria's wedding reception in 2007, the Mangu consists of Akemi, Aries, Nilo, Corinne, Ruel, Mating, Del and myself rendered a special song number and a dance number. It was a great experience. I will upload the video here.




Splurge on the wedding dress of your dreams

Like most brides, I have said "I do" a number of times to the wedding dress of my dreams. I want to be able to wear a high end designer bridal gown that will make me the most beautiful woman of the day or night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney