Sunday, March 15, 2009

Before I Hit The Twig: Spend A Month Without Television!

I have just experienced this task in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die" during my recent vacation to the US for a month from February 2 to March 2, 2009. Since I have lots of things to do, which are more exciting and more important than watching television, this task was completed rather easily than I have thought.

I was in San Francisco with my bestfriend Ate Dearie during the first week (Feb. 3 to Feb. 10). Although there was a tv in both the living room and my bestfriend's room, there wasn't any in my room. So after a whole day of touring and visiting friends, I would get home so tired that I am more concerned about sleeping than watching tv.

The second week (Feb. 11 - 15), I was in Boston, Massachusettes and was staying at Homewood Suite of Hilton Hotel. There was a huge tv set. But since I was attending the J. Reuben Clark Law Society Conference at Harvard and my first time in Boston, I preferred going out to watching tv.

The third and fourth week (Feb. 6 - 28), I was in New Jersey at the house of Greg and Miriam Stokes. I thought I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to turn on that fool's box but I was wrong. The family has a "No TV Rule", so that the evil influence of the media will not permeate the beautiful minds of the eight Stokes kids - Harrison, Parker, Hannah, JT, Knox, Gracie and her twin brother and Carter. But since media also has its good side, the Stokes family has a huge collection of good movies and tv series that they watch on week nights. Besides, I went to the City every day with my prince so I really have no time to watch tv and didn't miss it.

When I get home, I seldom turn on the tv in my car unlike before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney