Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Before I Hit The Twig: Love A Teddy Bear!


I can hardly imagine what life for me would be like without my eager listener, confidante, and loyal friend, the teddy bear. Being the only girl in the family of four children, my teddy bear became my priceless possession. 

The teddy bear is a stuffed toy bear. It is an enduring, traditional form of a stuffed animal, often serving the purpose of comforting children. When I was young, I only had one small teddy bear that my aunt gave me. Now I consider myself as an arctophiles (from the Greek words arctos (bear) and philos (lover),a teddy bear collector.
Teddy I Brought In Cebu

I have at least a hundred different kinds and sizes of teddy bears and other plush stuffed animals in my collection, given by friends for my birthdays, and others were specifically handpicked by me. I particularly like stuffed toys with the country name in it, or the the airline carrier stuffed toy symbol. I also have the animal collection of Shangrila Hotel, that comes in free with their drink of the month. And some stuffed toys for the occasions like Christmas and Halloween.

Country Inspired Stuffed Toys: - Paris bunny, Sweden moose, Norway, Finland, Holland, USA, England, and the latest addition is Boston red teddy bear that my prince gave me as part of his valentine gifts when we were in Boston, Massachusettes.

Airlines Plush Toy Symbol:- British Airways, Continental Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Tiger Airways, Dragon Air, Cebu Pacific, Korean Air,China Airlines and DOHA Air. The irony, however,is that the airlines where I am a mileage elite -Northwest and Philippine Airlines both don't have one. Sad!
The Lobster Stuffed Toy From Shangrila


Shangrila Hotel Stuffed Animals: - I have 3 Ox, 1 tiger, 1 goat, 2 dolphins, 1 lobster, and 2 Dalmatian.

Shopping For Teddy Bears in UK (este Ukay in Dumaguete)

Various Stuffed Animals: -include a giraffe, panda, koala bear, tiger, black dog, kangaroo, elk, etc.of various sizes..
Roni and Leni's Gift For My Birthday

With this passion for teddy bears, I can mark this task in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die" as completed.

3 comments:

  1. Got two owl teddy's and two butanding teddys from Shangrila hotel courtesy of my Dutch client, Matt Kouzeh. The owl is the toy for March and the Butanding is the toy for April that goes with the Drink of the Month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a huge teddy bear with hat and dress at the Cebu Parklane Hotel when I ordered the drink of the month and my boss Jim paid for it!!!! he is so nice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article.
    I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely comeback.
    My homepage ; http://www.PanicAwayLindenMethod.com

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney