Monday, March 23, 2009

CDO's White Water Rafting: Enjoying The Ride of Your Life!

One of the tasks featured in the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die" is about becoming so good at white water rafting that you can be a guide on the most difficult waters. I do not think I will ever arrive at that point, but I will nonetheless count this task completed after enjoying the ride of my life at Cagayan de Oro's White Water Rafting adventure!



White water rafting is a challenging recreational activity utilizing a raft to navigate a river or other bodies of water. This is usually done on whitewater or different degrees of rough water, in order to thrill and excite the raft passengers.



In the Philippines, Cagayan de Oro City (or CDO) is renowned throughout the country as the premiere whitewater rafting destination as it is home to some of the most scenic and exhilarating whitewater rafting. In fact, it is dubbed as the “adventure capital” of the Philippines. Safe and enjoyable whitewater rafting has never been this accessible. The jumpoff area is within city limits and just less than an hour from urban CDO.

Last July 27, 2007, my prince and I went to CDO and my friend Leily invited us to go White Water Rafting. Honestly, I didn't know anything about White Water Rafting then, but since it has something to do with water I was all totally for it!

Upon arrival in CDO River, we excitedly put on our rafting gear - helmet, life jacket and paddle. Then our guide briefed us on how to paddle correctly, and why following orders from him is important.



Whitewater rapids are rated on a scale of one (I)through six (VI), indicating the difficulty of each rapid at "normal" water level. The CDO river boasts of a twenty-three rapid count ranging from levels I to VI - ranging from very easy, to easy to moderate, moderate to exciting, exciting, difficult and the last being the limit of navigation or the ceiling of most manageable whitewater rapids.

The whole water rafting experience was a blast! It lasted for a couple of hours but I didn't notice it because I was enjoying the breathtaking sceneries along the river and enjoying every bit of my ride of a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney