Tuesday, March 3, 2009

March: The heat of the Homecoming

My US month-long vacation is over! And of course, it is good to be back and see the kids and the whole family. The heat that I felt when I arrived at the airport yesterday reminded me that I am now in the Philippines and the summer is here. Yes, March ushers the summer time...And when it is summer, I remember my favorite activity - kite flying. There was a poem I read a long time ago in Family Circle Magazine which is about kite flying and the child named Anne. The poem was written by Eleanor Dennis entitled "March Wind".

We made a brand - new kite today
And soon as we were through
We came out here to fly it
And the wind just blew and blew
And now the kite a tiny speck;
We've just used up all the string:
I'd like to go and get some more.
Anne's such a tiny thing
To hold the kite all by herself,
I wouldn't let her try' For fear I might look back and see
Anne sailing through the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney