Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some Things To Do in San Francisco Before You Die

Here are some of the fun things I love to do while in San Francisco. And guess what? Three of those tasks are included in the "2001 Things To Do Before You Die".



1. Get out of the Bay. Since San Francisco is known for the beach, I can't miss going to the Bay for anything when I'm there. I usually take in the view strolling along the water, the way locals do. In the "2001 Things To Do Before You Die", I found two tasks which have something to do with the beach:(49)Walk on the beach in Winter and (182) Have a Picnic on the Beach in February. I have completed these tasks during my recent visit in San Francisco last February 3-11, 2009 when it is still considered "winter time". My friend and I was driving one night along the bay when I remarked "the beach is so beautiful. It is so much like the Philippines". He said nothing but secretly headed to the beach. When we were there, I hurriedly got out of the car and walked and ran on the beach. Oh boy it was soooooo cold! But it is alright. At least, I have marked this as my No. 49th completed task.

I have completed the No. 182 task when Ate Dearie, Mommy Diola, Remus and I went sight seeing along the Bay area last February 4, 2009, barely a day since I got to San Francisco. Ate Dearie brought lots of food (fried rice, shrimp, chicken, banana, vegetables, etc.)that we can munch on when we get hungry while strolling. We didn't know that she also brought spoon and fork, paper plates, paper cups and a galloon of bottled water for everyone and had actually planned on eating at one of the picnic tables near Golden Gate beach. It was like a real "picnic on the beach in February". I wondered if my ate Dearie has previously read the book "2001 Things To Do Before You Die" and wanted to complete this task. But anyway, the food was too good that we forgot to take a picture.


2. Ride a Cable Car in San Francisco (143). Another San Francisco cliche? Maybe, but don't sell it short. Clacking down an impossibly steep hill with the bay sparkling in the distance is something everyone should experience at least once.And it is one of the tasks featured in the "2001 Things To Do Before You Die".



3. Fabulous food and drink. From top tier dining destinations (like the restos at the Fisherman's Wharf to the buffet places of the Mission, this place is indeed foodie heaven.


4. Golden Gate Bridge sunsets. This is an absolute don't miss activity for me while in San Francisco.

5. Alcatraz. Sure. here's another thing you shouldn't miss! To experience the confinement and history of the Rock at the place itself and the revamped audio tour, with its gravely voice inmates and guards and the ferry ride to this place, is worth the price of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney