Sunday, February 22, 2009

Before I Hit The Twig: Ride Space Mountain and My Disneyland Experience


Disneyland Anaheim, California USA
I couldn't believe I would ever mark this task on the "2001 Things To Do Before You Die" as completed. I am a weakling and wouldn't dare try anything that involves speed and darkness. And basing on these two elements, Space Mountain is the scariest ride of all. It is a roller coaster in the dark, in the happiest place on earth - Disneyland! (ironic, isn't it?). During the ride, I wouldn't open my eyes and I couldn't scream because I was soooo scared.

I was blessed to see Disneyland last September 2, 2000 (Saturday) as part of my first ever trip to the US. My friend, Jeremy Miner, got an 'All -Day Pass' and you can ride all you want! Not wanting to waste a single experience, I let Jeremy take charge and let him take me to the ride that I shouldn't miss (that was my greatest mistake I guess...hahha. We went on so many rides that day that I almost die because all those scary rides almost made my heart explode!). Before Space Mountain, we went first to the Splash Mountain, which is a cute log ride, but it has a huge drop at the end and it was scary also..and..and ..you get wet!

Other rides include: It's a small world after all, tea cups (which Jeremy calls vomit cups), story bookland, space rockets, carousel, pirates of the caribbean, and the haunted mansion. He also took me to " Honey I Shrunk The Audience", and that scared me too because there was a snake in the movie and it was 3D so I kicked Jeremy's butt for that.
With Jeremy Miner
Well, after the scary ride, we went on the Tunnel of Love and Autopia (or like Utopia - Perfect World) but it is Autopia (world of cars). I drove, but I kept crashing and my back hurts. Jeremy thinks it was because I couldn't reach the pedals. He teased me that I needed a phone directory to see over the steering wheel hahhaha.

At Toontown
Then we went to toontown where everything looks like a cartoon and there I met Minnie Mouse, Mickey Mouse, and more Filipinos. Yes, that Saturday was a Filipino Day at Disneyland. Every line we stood in had a Filipino family in it and so we were speaking Tagalog all day long. And Jeremy liked it that way...coz it seems that I didn't leave the Philippines at all.
Parade of Stars
I love the Parade of the Stars so I took lots of pictures. But my favorite is Fantasmic. Fantasmic is the huge show that is performed near a manmade river inside disney land. The stage has a person in the mickey mouse costume jumping around and then the river has a screen of water that is prayed and cartoons are projected on it. There was fire on the water and lots of dancing and amazing special effects. At the end a boat with all the disney characters floated by and the fire on the water stopped. It was quite a visual extravaganza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney