Monday, February 16, 2009

Passing By Connecticut: A Picturesque Gateway to New England



After tasting the authentic New England cuisine and culture for a few days in Boston, we headed to New York to go home to my prince family in New Jersey. On board a bus, we passed by Connecticut, an easy drive from Boston, Massachusetts for a picturesque view of the southern gateway to New England. Connecticut is rich with rolling landscapes, dainty villages centered upon town greens, lots of hiking and bicycling trails, and many antique shops. From the bus window, I took a picture of New Haven, Connecticut but it didn't turn out well so I downloaded the above picture with permission.


New Haven is the third largest municipality in Connecticut, after Bridgeport and Hartford. It is located in New Haven County, on New Haven Harbor, on the northern shore of Long Island Sound. Quite interesting to me is to know that New Haven is the home of Yale University, another Ivy League University that I have been hoping to see. I'm fascinated with Yale's rich 300-year history and it's beautiful architecture. Also the Gothic Sterling Memorial Library and the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, which is home to a preeminent collection of rare materials, including a Gutenberg Bible are part of the reasons why I want to see Connecticut. But oh well, I'll have my chance in time. For now, I am satisfied that I can say I have been to Connecticut and counted it as the 26th US States I have been to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney