Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Before I Hit The Twig: Get A Professional Makeover!


I had a professional makeover for free, just before my graduation in Law school. I had it through the famous Fanny Serrano Boutique, who was then looking for models to pose for a makeover. I sent a write - up and I was chosen from the many who applied. I’m not sure then if it meant I was good at writing that I convinced them I was a good subject, or if my looks was so awful that I deserved a makeover? Whatever that was, I was glad I did it!

Not only I got an idea on how to improve my looks through the wonder of cosmetics, but also I found fulfillment to find that getting a makeover is actually one of the tasks featured in the book “2001 Things To Do Before You Die” and I could mark this task completed. I also barely recognized myself after the makeover. 

As an added treat, my makeover story even came out in the CHiC Magazine last November 2, 1998 while I was already serving a full-time mission. The article showed the “before” and “after” pictures with the article below:

“This young lady hopes to be a lawyer someday. To prepare herself for her future profession, she opts for a polished image. What concerns her most is that she looks older than her age. For her makeover, her brows are shaped to emphasize arch. A combination of brown and gray eye shadows is used to highlight her eyes. Dark brown eyeliner really opened them up. For contour, brown blush is swept across her face blending it up onto her hairline. Bronze lipstick on her lips defines shape of her lips. She does away with her nerdy eyeglasses for a new look that makes a lot of difference – one that spells class and competence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney