Thursday, December 4, 2008

Paris France: A Dream Come True

Eiffel Tower at Night
I have long dreamed of visiting Paris, France and finally my chance came in August 2007. My prince, who was then in London for a law school conference and I decided to meet up in Paris during my first Europe trip -Sweden, Finland, Norway and Amsterdam leg. I grabbed the idea and we ended up celebrating our first monthsary in a place that is synonymous with the word style, romance and history!


Eiffel Tower in the morning
I arrived in Paris in the afternoon of August 3, ahead of my prince flight. Knowing that Eiffel is just a few miles away from the hotel, I went to see it after checking in. The view was great. But the view at night makes it clear why Paris is called the City of Lights. The lights look like diamonds as they twinkle. It's the loveliest sights on the planet.

Streets of Paris 
Since my prince had been to Paris previously, we toured Paris like locals do. First we chose a hotel right next to the Eiffel Tower. Without a doubt, I love the Eiffel Tower!It's beautiful from every angle, from any distance, day or night. I told my prince that so long as I see Eiffel Tower, the other sights he will bring me to would just be bonus.
The Louvre 
The Louvre
Home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, the Louvre is considered the world's greatest art museum, with an unparalleled collection of items covering the full spectrum of art through the ages.
Notredame Cathedral 
Notredame Paris
This famous cathedral, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture on which construction began in the 12th century, stands on the Île de la Cité and is the symbolic heart of the city.
Opera National De Paris
Opera National de Paris
This performance hall hosts opera, ballet and chamber music performances.


Arc de Triompe
Arc de Triompe
This world-famous landmark structure has served ever since the days of Napoleon as a symbol of victory for triumphant French troops returning home.The triumphal arch honors those who fought for France, particularly during the Napoleonic Wars. On the inside and the top of the arc there are all of the names of generals and wars fought. Underneath is the tomb of the unknown soldier from World War I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney