Saturday, December 27, 2008

Family Snapshot: Living a Balanced Life


Shane, Kyle, James, Ian & Me  Walking in Balance In Rice Paddies
This is one of my favorite pictures of my nieces and nephews, which was taken in our province (Vinzons, Camarines Norte)  in July 2007 during our visit for my cousin Carmela’s wedding. Not only do they look so cute in the picture, but the picture also reminds me of the importance of living a balanced life. According to Elder Robert F. Orton of the Seventy, Balance is a mental and emotional steadiness; it is to bring into harmony or proportion the spiritual, intellectual, physical, social, and economic factors. President Gordon B. Hinckley has pleaded that we keep a balance in our lives. He taught that we have a four-fold responsibility – to our families, to our employers, to the Lord, and to ourselves. I am striving to maintain the balance which I have obtained when I became a member of the Church. Maintaining balance, however, could be overwhelming as everyday challenges can upset such balance. But if we seek to have the Spirit with us at all times and be faithful in responding to His promptings, we will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney