Tuesday, December 30, 2008

CEBU: A destination close to heart

Speaking of starting the year right, my feet will take me back to Cebu come January 6 on business.

Called the Queen City of the South and located about 365 miles south of Manila, Cebu is the site for the second temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Philippines. Having a temple in Cebu would blend in so well because Cebu is blessed with numerous museums and churches.


I am privileged to be involved with the Cebu Temple project, handling all the legal aspects in the purchase of site and the construction.

That involvement is one of the reasons for my frequent business visits to Cebu. But Cebu’s numerous beach resorts and exhilarating historicity, are enticing enough for me to always couple business with pleasures.

In fact, it is one of those visits to the Magellan’s Cross that my prince found me charming enough to ask me for a date when we returned to Manila. That was one and a half years ago by January 5, 2009. With that, Cebu will always be close to my heart.

As for shopping, Cebu offers a lot of souvenir ideas from export-quality fashion accessories and clothing, handcrafted guitar, shellcrafts and handicrafts to dried mango preserves, sugar coated biscuits and peanut wafers. And for my family, my visit to Cebu would always mean CNT Lechon.

Cebu’s biggest festival is the Sinulog Festival that is celebrated on January 21 of every year. Villagers take to the streets with masks, instruments and performing the quaint Sinulog dance all over the city. A Grand Parade follows suit.

Cebu also features various points of interest for the adventurous visitor. I particularly enjoyed my visit to the Butterfly Sanctuary. Come January 6, I will also be meeting in Cebu my friends from Guam – the Colliers, who will be picking up Rizza, the four-year old girl that the Inter-Country Adoption Board (ICAB) have approved for adoption after two years of waiting. The adoption really meant a lot for Tisa and her family, as she herself was an adopted child from the Hospicio de San Jose. With Rizza’s adoption, Tisa is giving back the favor and the blessings given to her when her American family welcomed and embraced her as their own child.

2 comments:

  1. you're actually a good webmaster. The web site loading velocity is incredible. It kind of feels that you're doing any distinctive trick.

    Also, The contents are masterwork. you've done a excellent activity on this topic!
    http://bit.ly/Zg56Xm

    My website buy instagram likes and followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you wish for to get a great deal from this piece of writing then you have to apply such methods to your won
    weblog.

    my web site youthbook.com.pk/index.php?do=/CathleenM/info/

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney