Sunday, November 30, 2008

My brother Allan and Our Conversion Story!

Right now, I am at Camarin chapel of the Novaliches Philippines Stake waiting for my brothers Mike and Allan to finish. My brother Allan, after twenty years, was advanced to the office of an Elder in the Melchizedeck Priesthood. I'm really happy for the spiritual leap he had after being stagnant spiritually for years.

His being active started only when we move to Deparo ward almost two years ago. But it was my brother's Mike call as a bishop two months ago that served as a catalyst for his spiritual advancement. My brother Allan was very shy and his inactivity in prior years was mainly due to him not being able to speak at Church or participate socially where he was expected to act like this and like that and he hated that feeling. But his complete turn-around came and now he is ready to overcome that shyness...

Looking back at our conversion story, twenty one years ago. My love for storytelling led to my conversion to the Church. Living in Tugatog, Malabon, I spied three Filipino men and thought of them as storytellers. I saw them at our neighbor's house.They were wearing ties and had a big book, which I later on discovered as a flip chart. I waited until they were done with the neighbors and asked them how much I would have to pay to hear their stories. They said "we will tell you stories for free if you can have your whole family to listen". To me that was easy. As the only girl in the family of four, my parents love me and would do anything for me to make me happy. My whole family listened to the first discussion and that story touched us. For the next discussion, I invited my uncle's family, and the next discussion my aunt's family. The missionaries,Danilo Cruz, Cirilo Laceste and Jason de Guzman challenged my whole family to be baptized on April 11,1987. I and my younger cousins were ready to be baptized. I told my cousins, who were younger than me, that we had to go ahead and be baptized so that we would be examples to our parents who were still working through some of the missionaries' other challenges, such as the word of wisdom.With our parent's approval, me, my cousins,and two younger brothers Allan and Joel met the baptismal date. The example we set was followed quickly. A week later, my older cousins and older brother were baptized. The following week, my father and uncles were baptized. Four days later, y mother and aunt followed the same path. So for the month of April, 27 members of the family were baptized.

2 comments:

  1. oh wow! this is an amazing story! those missionaries were so lucky to have found you! i love conversion stories! isn't it great to look back and remember this wonderful time! happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent items from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff previous to
    and you are just too excellent. I really like what you've got here, certainly like what you're stating
    and the best way in which you assert it. You make it entertaining and you continue to care for to keep
    it wise. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is actually a great web site.


    my homepage; adfocus bot

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney