Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pagudpud: Unspoiled Northern Escape



My chance to visit Pagudpud came in only in June 2008 courtesy of the family of my nephew Kenneth who hailed from there.

Located at the northernmost tip of Ilocos Norte, the trip takes between 10 to 12 hours from Manila and for me, that is too much to drive alone or be in a bus so I kind of waited for this chance.

My nephew Kenneth's mom, Juries, lived in Pagudpud before she married Steve and became residents of London. They arrived in May for family visit and has a long family coach that can accommodate one more person in. I was invited to join.

With a big Yes to the invitation, I found myself in the unspoiled scenic environment and distinct serenity of Pagudpud! It has white sand beaches, mountains, hills, waterfalls and valleys that made my visit truly fascinating!





Saud White Beach is the most popular attraction in Pagudpud, and we are so lucky that its owner is Juries ninang (god mother). She also used to work as a cashier at the resort during her teen years.



Saud Beach has a fine stretch of white sand and clear blue waters that allow a clear vision of the colorful reef.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the information. Will do refer Saud WHite Beach to my officemate. Gos bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Lakbayan Philippines Grade


My Lakbayan grade is A!

How much of the Philippines have you visited? Find out at Lakbayan!

Created by Eugene Villar.

Trotting The Globe

Travel Map
I've been to 660 cities in 26 countries
Mhe-Anne is an explorer that:
does their own thing
doesn't mind roughing it
lives on the edge
Travel cred: high
I rank in the top...
0.1% most cities visited - Philippines
0.1% most cities visited - Brunei Darussalam
0.1% most cities visited - Asia

Travel Philippines

Travel Philippines

Travel USA

Travel USA
New York - View from the Empire State Building

Travel Australia

Travel Australia
Opera House - Sydney